Complete France Forum

TV Programs in every room

Dont know if any one can help but here goes, I have wired the house through an RF amolifier so that I can have sky in each room and by using series links on each TV i can also change channels remotely on each TV, To be able to do this the RF amplifier is directly connected to the RF out on the back of the sky box where ther are two RF outputs, the only way the series links will work is if you connect directly to the powered RF output on the sky box ( one is powered and the other one is not)

My problem is I now want to swop my sky box ( which I only get freeview on) for a twin digital recorder so that I can pause live tv , record one channel and view another , however although there a a few on the market it would appear that they only have loop thro' type RF out sockets and not the Powered type required to make the series links on the tv's work.

Any chance that someone out there in techy land knows of a product that will suit or has an answer.

Phew !!!

Billy10

My setup is somewhat more complicated but in brief it consists of 2 Sky boxes feeding 2 TiVo HD PVR's. The TiVo's RF outputs are serialed and feed the lounge TV on separate channels but also are individually SCART connected to a 4 way remotely controllable switch, the output of which drives a video sender, a DVD player goes into the switch too. In the main bedroom, which also happens to be the furthest point from

the receiving equipment, is the receiving end of the video sender - with me so far ?

The TV signal in the bedroom from the sender is very good but even though it is also an IR repeater I had enormous problems with the remotes. I tried several different IR wireless extenders, all with limited success, but then happened on THIS brilliant gadget which approaches the problem in a revolutionary way and just works flawlessly.

The downside is that AFAIK this kit is still only available from the US but by sheer happenstance a friend was over there at that very time and got one for me. I subsequently got him to get a second one to give me 4 'wireless' remotes.

The bottom line is that I can control absolutely everything from the bedroom with narry a wire or 'Magic Eye' in sight [:D]

EDIT: Even the ones on eBay come from the US [:(]

[quote user="Anton Redman"]

I can understand the problem but am not sure of a solution. Try posting on the Satcure forum. Warning the moderator is a real grump about spelling punctuation and specifying exactly which equipment you have.  Second link is to their catalogue.

http://notonyourtelly.co.uk/forum/

http://www.satcure.co.uk/[/quote]

It sounds as if it's worth just joining up and dilibritly spelin fings rong just to annoy him. [:)]

Archived