Complete France Forum

When faced with this, what is one supposed to do?

This is definitely begging and I am not ashamed to do it!  Please, any compassionate, well-meaning, knowledgeable, philanthropic forum members out there, look at the link and tell me what I need to do?

https://hotspot.neuf.fr/indexEncryptingChilli.php?res=notyet&uamip=192.168.2.1&uamport=3990&challenge=be1fd5751c781f1823015443e1e4099f&userurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.livingfrance.com%2fforum--1650&nasid=00-17-33-b2-a2-6b&mac=00-11-A3-0A-0B-C4&mode=3&channel=0

For some background, I found my old D-Link Notebook adaptor kept disconnecting me when I am using wifi and I have since had installed a Bluestork Wifi adaptor.

Now, whilst I can happily go on line when attached to the modem, I am completely unable to use wifi without the above screen appearing and no amount of persuasion, including trying every password I can think of, will it allow me to proceed.

With the temperature at -4, I'd obviously sooner use the laptop in the lounge rather than the Siberian conditions that pertain in the spare bedroom where the modem is sited!

Thank you.

To answer your second question, I don't know.

As to your first, I could possibly do it if I was sat in front of your computer, but I doubt I could describe it as well as other users on this forum.  I can only suggest you try to search for other internet connections (using the connect to function or control panel perhaps)[:(]

Thanks anyway, Maricopa.  Might have to ask the bloke who sold me and installed my wifi adaptor.

Find it quite difficult ringing the Neuf helpline as I would have a problem understanding technical stuff in English and French would just be an absolute "no-no".

Will find a convenient wall to bang my head against meanwhile!

[quote user="gosub"]The page in your link is for use with a mobile phone.

I am sure you will have looked at this already, if not check this link. WIFI
[/quote]

Gosub, the page is not for use with a phone but it is the connection page for use with a computer - if you click on the link at the top which says version mobile, that takes you to the phone login page.

Both are for connection to 'Neuf wifi' by SFR see this page for more info

Sweet17, I have the feeling that you have (possibly unwittingly) set up your computer or network adapter to use this instead of using your own direct wifi connection to your own modem (neufbox) and that is why you are getting this log on message.

Here is the page that instructs you how to connect privately to your modem so that you don't get the login page each time. At the moment you are connecting to the public wifi network.

Danny

Thank you, Erns.  Thank you Danny.

Danny, what you've said makes sense because the computer repair man took  my laptop to his shop and presumably was using FT to install the wifi function.

So, I think I need to explain it all to him as I am just less than useless with this stuff.  I have looked at your links but can't seem to get much sense from it.

It does not seem to recognise my particulars.

I appreciate the time you have spent trying to help me.  Much gratitude from a very cold and very depressed Sweet 17!

I did just say the same as Maricopa said earlier...

The second link I posted  shows exactly what you should do but...

It is probably fairly easy to change if you are familiar with the modem settings but I have a feeling that your neuf installation is not properly installed and it might be easier for you to reinstall it. i.e. follow the instructions that came with the box

Danny

Danny, thank you for taking so much trouble over this.  Will have another go tomorrow starting from scratch and then taking it from there.

When I have exhausted all my own understanding of what needs doing, I'll get the ordinateur man in![:D]

Just want to say "thank you" to everyone for all their suggestions so generously offered.

Special thanks to Danny.

Danny, I went back into all the settings and checked everything, changing, ticking, unticking, etc, etc.  And voila, here I am back on line for the first time for 2 days.

Your post really encouraged me to have a go although I must be one of the most incomputerate people you'll ever have the misfortune to meet. 

Archived