Complete France Forum

Web link for Free films to watch via the internet?

Hi,

I read a good few months ago a posting of a website link where I could watch films via the web for free. I have done a search on this site but cannt find the web link. Does anyone know which link it was and if so could you let me know?

Many thanks

Yes! Lynda and Richard, it is supposed to be illegal, but it is very wide-spread and one never seems to hear of any prosecutions! If I wanted to take the risk, I would do it this way! (Not that I ever would, you know!)

Go to GOOGLE and enter search with BT JUNKIE. All you do then is to enter the name of the required film in SEARCH. Depending on the your download speed and the length of the film it might take many hours (days) to complete. Download it in to BITLORD. This will show you a list of your films and the progress of the download. If you should switch the PC off, the download just pauses, and commences when you go back on line again!

Try to pick a film which is Xvid of DVDrip, as they seem to be much easier to burn on to your DVD disc. (Do not use a film with CAM in its description as it has been recorded in the cinema on a camcorder - terrible quality!) You can then play it on your DVD player to watch on the TV. If you do not have burning facilities, you can always just watch the film on your computer screen!

Try it yourself as an experiment, and see how you get on!

[quote user="Philouis"]

it is supposed to be illegal,

[/quote]

As the front page contains at least 8 2008 movie titles , I would suggest it is illegal

There are many of these sites about, the most famous being The Pirate Bay

Of course the site itself is not illegal, as it only acts as a pointer database for the Torrent client to download the parts of the (mostly) illegal content (yes I know LINUX is distrubuted by torrent)

The site seems to have moved to Canada for legal reasons.

I have a friend who was recently in the USA, whose neighbour received a warning letter from his ISP after 150 film downloads, so maybe restriction (and prosecution) is on the way

It would appear that you get sent two warning letters and if they are ignored, they come and take away your computer. Three strikes and you're out! But I must admit, it hasn't happened to anyone I know, and they are all at it!

I think that if you don't go in for it in a big way, you are quite safe!

Click on the private messages link on the main forum page, it should be there.

As for the 3 strikes and out, I think the European court has made that illegal so no ISP should be able to do that in Europe. I did hear of a friend of a friend who got a letter from his isp a while back in the UK, but don't know if he continued or what happened after.

I think maybe once the film industry stops ripping people off with high prices for their average movies, they may see piracy decreasing. They will never eradicate it 100% though, hackers are always at least two steps ahead.

Archived