Complete France Forum

Broadband boosters

As I understand it...

Unit goes between modem and router BUT IN FRANCE liveboxes, neuf boxes ,cegetel boxes, freeboxes,darty boxes, alice boxes, sfr boxes, etc , etc incorporate an integrated modem and router.

I have no doubt that someone more knowledgeable will inform me how to open up my AliceBox and connect the magic "thingamagig" in the correct place.

When I return the AliceBox will Alice accept it or charge me € 99 for b****ger**g it up.

As mentioned in another thread, we got a booster that plugs into the power socket and an ethernet connection to our livebox. Then another wifi contraption fits into any power socket on the circuit and provides wifi to that area.

For example, our livebox is in the centre of our house. Our newly converted shed to office is too far to pick up the signal. We bought said contraption, plugged it in and now have brilliant signal in our new office.

It doesn't increase reliability of the internet connection as this happens after the livebox.

snap.. bought one of them and it works 500m away where it would normally be impossible...

I got one for my live box and it is called an extender.... If you dont need wifi but are happy to have just an ethernet connection then there is an extender that is cheaper.

there is also an other option to have a repeater which works a bit different.

osie

Archived