Complete France Forum

I've been using a 4gb SDHC card with my Canon 450D for a month or two with no problems. Today, I used the card to transfer some data from my computer to someone elses. Their computer could not recognise the card, and now when I put it back into my camera, my camera does not see that there is a card there at all. Both mine and my friends pc's are running xp.

I have tried reformating the card in my computer and trying again in my camera, but to no avail. I cannot format the card in my camera as the camera does not see a card there at all. I can format the card on my computer, and have done to no avail.

I believe the card is ok as my computer can read it and my Palm phone can read it also.

My camera can still read and write to a 1gb card I have, but no longer to the 4gb SDHC card. My camera has the latest firmware update. The little tab is in the read/write position, so it's not that.

Any ideas?

Well, problem solved. After scouring the net, found a forum with other people having the same problem, that linked to this site:

http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/#download

Downloaded the SDHC formatting program and formatted the SDHC card on my laptop. Didn't work. Ran the program on my wifes newer Vista operating laptop and success.

I've now got the card in my camera and have formatted it using the camera. Hopefully all is good now.

Archived