Complete France Forum

French Radio Stations

Because of the problems going on with the 'reorgansation' of French satellite coverage, the main French radio stations went missing from 13 east and 19 east a few months ago.

However, yesterday, they reappeared on 19 east - so I now have FIP back on satellite.

For those of you interested you need to got to Astra 19 east - 12207 - 27500 - 3/4.

For some reason, my old - very old Humax trips out on these radio stations, so there will have to be a bit of a re-org in the front room here. I'll have to get my story right with SWMBO who is in the UK for a few days.

Regards - Tim

It might be because for some reason on some receivers the radio progs appear with an encryption flag (often a $ sign) when in fact they're clear.

I've yet to get my two TNT par sat boxes to find them,  although I only spent about 20 mins on it yesterday morning.

M

Tim - tee hee -   I've just worked out who you are on Digitalspy!

Ah! The mask has been removed!!

It's a curious problem Martin. It sounds as if the signal is dropping out, but looking at the signal strength shows nothing unusual. I'd noticed the issue before the French radio 'fiasco' on the 19 east channels, but all was ok on the Hotbird ones, so I just left the box on them.

The other radio channels on 19 east are ok. I've got a Silvercrest box that was donated to me by it's previous owner who couldn't get it to work. That was my second receiver on 28 east and is now redundant, so I may dig that out and try it. I'm having a few problems with the remote controls on the Humax's anyway - the old machine's remote does funny things with the new PVR.

Tim

Well I've dragged out the old Silvercrest and fired it up. Took a bit of playing around because I've forgotten all about how to set up my monobloc LNB for 19 and 1 east.

Still managed to get the radio stations I was after and I now have reliable FIP reception without having to stream off the net.

Tim

Another rescan has finally brought up the Radio France channels as separate entries (as opposed to the non DVB-S compliant sound sub-tracks) on one of my TNTparSat receivers.

Will now try on the other one,   I guess the software for these boxes (which don't bring in a revenue stream to Canalsat) was the lowest priority (ie explains why they were not available yesterday).

What happened to Hector (the classical juke-box provided by RF)?

Archived