Complete France Forum

laptop recommendations?

I'm with Clair, I had an Acer lap top and it was c"*p couldn't handle photoshop and was constantly freezing had to be de batteried about 5 times a day, I used to have a sony one with work a few years back that was always very reliable I think if I was in the market for a lap top that's where I'd be looking.

I have been looking for a new laptop with xp.. this site looks quite good www.pcwb.com

they do a laptop with vista but with a xp downgrade option... so you could upgrade again at a later stage.

(Microsoft Windows Vista Business / XP Professional downgrade)

osie

[quote user="osie"]I have been looking for a new laptop with xp.. this site looks quite good www.pcwb.com
they do a laptop with vista but with a xp downgrade option... so you could upgrade again at a later stage.
(Microsoft Windows Vista Business / XP Professional downgrade)

osie
[/quote]

also known as currys, pc world, pixmania etc... just for info http://www.dsgiplc.com 

It might be worth looking at the other sites for price comparisons too

Danny

• 3 weeks later...

Dear all... just to update you, I have my new wonderful clever Dell and it has wonderful clever fast vista, and I've just loaded Adobe CS and MS Office 2007 and it runs like a dream!

I take back everything I thought about Vista... thanks for the advice and very pleased to have a laptop again!  How sad that I missed it... and I think I need to thank my son for dropping the old one! [:D]

Archived