Complete France Forum

NEOM DVD Player all regions?

Recently bought a cheap DVD Player NEOM NM339DVD. I wonder if anyone else has this model, bought at local Le Clercs, and knows if it will handle DVDs for all regions. I want to get a region 1 DVD from the USA but would like to be certain it will play before I order. The manual says Multi Formats on the cover and Compatible avec tous le formats inside but not sure if this relates to regions or things like MPEG2, MPEG4, JPEG, VCD, DVD,DIVX formats 3 à 6 etc which are listed under Secificites inside. Any ideas anyone?..............................................J

Multi format does not relate to the region code, just the kind of discs the macine will read.

Is there anything about regions in the manual?

Do you see the symbol of a planet with  number on it anywhere? on the box ? - like the ones on this site http://tviv.org/DVD_Region_Codes

Even if it is region 2 - and it should be, if it is sold here - it may be possible to alter the region setting to make it multi region. This is not so easy with newer cheap models

Danny

Many thanks and I have now found the symbol in the manual such as you describe with the number two in it. I note that some of the few DVDs that I already have show the same symbol and others show the word ALL in the symbol which I assume means Region/Zone 0. What I find confusing is that the manual for this DVD player shows the output signal as being PAL/NTSC compatible and works well with the PAL only set we brought over from the UK. I assume from that most French TVs are both SECAM and either PAL or NTSC compatible on their A/V inputs since the player was bought here. I note that the word PAL appears on some of my DVDs and not others. Would a region 1 DVD only be compatible with NTSC I wonder, all very confusing!...................................................J

I'm not sure these instructions are correct for your player but if you try the first set and it gives you the result indicated then the rest should work and make the player Region free.

Press:

SETUP

If the current regional setup is displayed do the following: (with no DVD in the player) Note: nothing appears on screen whilst doing this.

Press:

OPEN

CLEAR

STANDBY (drive closes and player goes into standby)

Press STANDBY again to turn back on then check with the first key sequence that the region setting has changed.

Bon chance

• 10 months later...

Archived