Complete France Forum

Getting an e-mail address

Hi,

I've just downloaded some free software and it is asking me to register. To do that I have to give my e-mail address which is a yahoo.co.uk address. However when I key that address in it doesn't seem to like it. I think because it is a 'free' e-mail. Any ideas how I can get a non-free e-mail address???[8-)]

thanks     tuppence

yahoo.co.uk can be a free address but it can also be a paid one. For a small annual fee, about £1/mth I think, you can have it ad free so I'm not sure that is your problem. I use yahoo.co.uk it and have never come across the problem.

Not all ISP's provide you with a mail A/C so that may not be an option.

If the site you downloaded from is regarding yahoo.co.uk is unacceptable then it's even more likely to reject a Gmail address which is undoubtedly free.

If you don't mind revealing the web site I may be able to download the same software and try with my yahoo address.

Teleconnect is my ISP and they do not provide e-mail addresses. I did however take up Clair's idea of getting a Gmail address. This I have done and have been able to register the free software using that address with no trouble at all. The free software I downloaded is Fresh Diagnose and Fresh UI. Both of which are now running OK on my system. I also changed my AVG anti virus to AVAST. I used my yahoo address to register with them and that was OK.

thanks for the responses,

tuppence

Archived