Complete France Forum

Hi All

After weathering monday night's tempete with little damage,  we found yesterday morning that we had lost our Sky signal.

Or more accurately the dish signal is received by the unit in the kitchen, feeds a TV there by scart socket and the signal is then transmitted to the TV in the salon.  The TV in the kitchen is receiving Sky perfectly well but the one in the salon with the wireless feed isn't.  We have checked and double checked all connections etc. 

Is there any possibility that the dish might have been knocked slightly out of alignment, reducing the signal strength to the extent that it can be transmitted by cable but not wirelessly?

Not the end of the world yet, but with Ali Cat's footie on tonight it could end up that way!

Any thoughts?

Mr Cat

[quote user="ali-cat"]

..................we had lost our Sky signal.

Or more accurately the dish signal is received by the unit in the kitchen, feeds a TV there by scart socket and the signal is then transmitted to the TV in the salon.  The TV in the kitchen is receiving Sky perfectly well but the one in the salon with the wireless feed isn't.  We have checked and double checked all connections etc. 

[/quote]

As the TV being fed by the dish shows a perfect sky picture, then I would suggest the dish and box are working perfectly, and that the problem is with whatever you use to re-transmit the picture to the other TV. 

Edit:  would also suggest you check the other TV first by taking it into the kitchen and connecting it to the feed from the skybox.

Have you tried unpluging both the video sender and the receiver from the mains, leaving them for about 30 seconds then plugging the sender in first ? If your setup allowed you to use the Sky remote in the salon does it still change channels ?

I cannot see any way that a deterioration in the signal quality would account for this.

Have you have recently switched to Plasma or LCD screen in either room ?  

Thank you both. We have just tried the small TV from the kitchen in the lounge (easier to move!) & it will only receive static (flickering beween static & blue screen), so we are now pretty sure it's the wireless remote boxes which are not working.

We have also tried the unplugging suggestion, but to no avail. As for the thought of even owning a Plasma or LCD TV ..... I wish!!

Could it be possible that we somehow need to reconfigure the remote boxes to the sky box?

Just a thought but my Phillips transceivers have a Channel switch on them so you can change the frequency of them if it happens to clash with something else.  Might be worth checking if both boxes are on the same channel and have not been accidently changed on one of them as I know I managed to do exactly this one time. 

Archived