Complete France Forum

answer found- reinstallation Vista disk

Ok sad I know, but I am answeing my own question in other post but it might help someone![:D]

The disk that comes with a computer that is installed with Vista = Reinstallation  DVD  Windows Vista ,has a key code written within  the DVD that only the computer  that it came with recognizes. Silly me thought I had to get a keycode from Dell or that it was written on a tab somewhere.  So I now have Vista back. I am still battling with Dell over hardware problem - simply they cant fix it. So I now have a complaints number at PC World and e mail address where full sorry saga is being sent to them. !Milkey

[quote user="milkeybar kid"]

Ok sad I know, but I am answeing my own question in other post but it might help someone![:D]

The disk that comes with a computer that is installed with Vista = Reinstallation  DVD  Windows Vista ,has a key code written within  the DVD that only the computer  that it came with recognizes. Silly me thought I had to get a keycode from Dell or that it was written on a tab somewhere.  So I now have Vista back. I am still battling with Dell over hardware problem - simply they cant fix it. So I now have a complaints number at PC World and e mail address where full sorry saga is being sent to them. !Milkey

[/quote]

Glad to hear that you found a solution to at least one part of your problem.

Computers are wonderful when they're working properly and unspeakably, unprintably awful when they're not.

Why don't you ask Dell for confirmation that they can't fix it?

Then as your contract is with PC World (?) as long as the problems manifested themselves within the first 6 months, they (the problems) are deemed to have existed since day 1, and the laptop is not fit for purpose and you are entitled to a new item or your money back.

COMMUNICATION FROM THE COMMISSION TO THE COUNCIL AND THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT

on the implementation of Directive 1999/44/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 May 1999 on certain aspects of the sale of consumer goods and associated guarantees including analysis of the case for introducing direct producers’ liability.:

8. BURDEN OF PROOF – ARTICLE 5(3)

Any lack of conformity, which becomes apparent within six months of delivery is presumed to have existed at the time of delivery unless this presumption is incompatible with the nature of the goods or the nature of the lack of conformity (Article 5(3)).

DIRECTIVE 1999/44/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL

of 25 May 1999

on certain aspects of the sale of consumer goods and associated guarantees:

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:1999:171:0012:0016:EN:PDF

Archived