Complete France Forum

Help please !!! Macintosh - Fonts in Word

I cannot for the life of me remember how to make Word default to a particular font (Arial).

I have a Mac iBook with OSX 10 and am using Word 2004 version 11.0.

I have gone into Format and changed the font by default, and saved it for all documents "Normal". But when I reopen Word, it goes back to the Trebuchet font. I have restarted the computer after saving, but it doesn't work.

BNow I'm wondering if there is something in Word Preferences that I have or haven't clicked on....

If it worked in the past, but has stopped working, it could be that your normal template has become corrupted. 

Try deleting or renaming the normal template, then open a new Word document and reset the default font.  Word should then create a new normal template.

I think the problem probably lies in the original "Normal" document, which I simply can't find. I get nervous about renaming files : I put a load of things into a new file, then the Finder threw a wobbly and shut everything down because it couldn't find anything !!!!!! Luckily nothing was lost, and I had to undo what I'd done...

Archived