Complete France Forum

Email Tracking Recommendations

Cheers Salty Sam - I am aware of these as they are top of the Google list. What I'm really looking for is to find out personal experience of any that you may have used. I've tried several and some have problems with Windows Vista or dont like GMail or this and that.

Have you used any of these or, indeed, any others.

As a matter of principal I ALWAYS decline to send read receipts.

The boss at work is so far up his own U-NO-WOT that he sends all mail with high importance and a request for a read receipt. I never send one and a couple of times when he has asked me to fix something on his PC I've sneaked in and turned them off, I've convinced him that there is 'glitch' in Outlook which does this randomly [6] [:P]

Aye for sure ErnieY the real divil in you is at last coming out. [;-)] I recently asked someone, by email which is our normal mode of communication, not to take payments from my bank. That was in early January. I got no read receipt and no money was taken in January nor, indeed, February either. So I was confident that he'd acted upon my request. Then this week, I notice that the payment for January suddenly leaves the bank account.

At least if I'd had a receipt, I'd have known that he definitely read it and that there was a reasonable chance that he wouldnt have taken the money.

Apart from that, I think, in business and especially with clients, the ability to know that your client has read the email lends some confidence to things being done, understood or at least acknowledged.

Russethouse I agree this is a useful aspect to the tool.

Always lurking not far from the surface [;-)]

Personally, read receipt or not, I'm not sure that I would rely on an email to stop a bank payment, especially so with French banks who have a reputation for ignoring such things.

90% of the bosses emails are trivia and irrelevant plus the lazy s0d is only 10 paces away from me and we pass each other dozens of times a day too.

I do not disagree that in the right circumstances there is a place for read receipts [:)]

Archived