Complete France Forum

Virtual memory......

Hi ya

made our move here 5 weeks ago, got the internet sorted with Orange, which seems to be ok, live box has top 3 green lights on and 5th but 4th flashes every now and then and 6th is off altogether, is that ok. The problem is, for the last 2 weeks my computor keeps telling me the virtual memory is low and is so slow I could walk to Valencay and back when it starts, when I log off it tells me my connectivity is poor and may affect internet sites. Is this just a problem with my computor or anything to do with the live box.

As when I wrote before, you can see that I am not computor literate, thanks for any help.

Slow startup and low virtual memory is often a sign of malware infestation.  If your PC used to be OK and now isn't and you haven't installed new software then it's likely that your machine has joined the ranks of the Zombies and is being controlled from somewhere half way round the world to send out spam and similar without your knowledge.

You need to:

1) Make sure firewall is up (you did restart it when you joined up with Orange didn't you?)

2)Make sure your antivirus is up to date and is doing a regular scan

3) Run a complete malware scan like http://www.doctor-alex.com/ (there are many other available)

I'm not a betting man but even I would lay good cash money that your machine is crawling with bad boy stuff.

Archived