Complete France Forum

Chanel 5, fiver etc off air

After reading this thread,it is clear there is considerable confusion about what as actually happened to Channel Five.

The sky version of Channel Five(Scrambled in Videoguard) which was being transmitted on 10964H has been moved to 12422H as have all the other Five variants. For a period of time it was available on both transponders. It has been correctly stated that Sky boxes should have updated automatically and that unplugging from the mains to reset the box should cure the problem. This of course would cure the problem for all the variants provided the box has a current card.

The free to air version of Channel Five(10773H), used by freesat and anyone else wishing to use it can be added, as previously stated, in the other channels menu.

In general no re-alignment of dishes is required also I don't think it's a sign of multiple digibox failure!!

I'm quite glad that fiver & US five have disappeared off my tv ... I' had just 'discovered' CSI (about 10 years after everybody else) and have been recording it every night!  Three programmes a night.  For about two weeks  [:-))]

EDIT ... well, I couldn't help myself could I!  I had to go and do it!   Followed the advice on this thread, unplugged the box and now the bloody channels are back.

*secretly pleased, but also a little worried about addiction to CSI*

Archived