Complete France Forum

Thomson tv -shadows on screen and not repairable!!!!!!!!!disaster it cost 750euro! AND ONLY 2.5YEARS OLD.!

HI,

We bought a Thomson tv lcd 2 yearsago and now out of guarantee by 8 months.

we noticed in the centre of screen a slight shadow which shows when on a light backgrond of a film.

It has not been cleaned incorectly and in fact themark is inside of screen.

I took it back to the shop who sent it to Thomson.

After chasing the shop for 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!they say Thomson have found the shadow on the inside but cannot rplace screen as they do not make them anymore-------------so their designerss make a =n expensive set which is obsolete within 3 years!

I have to wait another 2 weeks until it is returned to me.

my toshiba I brought from uk had given 10 yeOars and I only replaced it as the switch was defective and obsolete from suppliers.

I HAD TO THUMP THE SET ON THE TOP TO GET IT TO WORK.

IT IS OUTSIDE IN THE RAIN AND IMWOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF IT STILL WORKED.

I propose writing to their MD but have we any rights in France i.e.unfit for purpose???[:@][:(]

You do have my sympathy.

It is pretty disgraceful that Thomson aren't able to repair your set.   But I doubt there's much you can do - sadly.

We've stuck with cathode ray tubes and continue to do so.    Until the price of these new fangled technologies has fallen properly (and I still don't believe it has) we'll stay that way.

And I've yet (and I know I've said this ad nauseam) to see an LCD or plasma  set which I could actually live with in terms of picture quality on standard defintion TV broadcasting.

Anyway,  good luck,  and I'd certainly persecute Thomson - you never know - if you make enough of a fuss you might get a discount on a new TV...

Archived