Complete France Forum

Dialing codes for using French mobile in UK

When I'm using my French mobile in the UK, do I dial as though I am still in France - ie add 0044 for UK numbers and 0033 for French numbers?

Daft question, as I think that's correct, but just want confirmation that I'm right before I input all my numbers into my new phone.

I know I once tried to use my UK mobile in France and got completely confused.  Don't have a UK mobile any more, and decided against buying a UK sim  just for this one trip as I won't be making enough calls to justify the complications which that would entail.

Thanks

Thanks!  And, a supplementary, if I may, as I am just writing instructions for those not used to phoning "abroad".  I presume if people want to call me on the mobile, no matter whether they are calling from the UK or France, they have to treat it as a French number and use 00 33?

[quote user="Judith"]Thanks!  And, a supplementary, if I may, as I am just writing instructions for those not used to phoning "abroad".  I presume if people want to call me on the mobile, no matter whether they are calling from the UK or France, they have to treat it as a French number and use 00 33?
[/quote]

Do remember if you are in the UK using your French sim card in your phone and somebody calls from France or the UK you will be paying for the international connection charges and they will just pay their normal call charges.

Baz

Baz

Thanks for the reminder.  I only expect to use it for keeping contact as I travel round the UK, and don't actually expect to make or receive many calls, which is why I decided against a UK sim as well.  This is a one-off trip, so I am happy to absorb the cost, to keep it as simple as possible.  I will encourage the use of text msg if appropriate which will be cheaper if not freee, I think.

Archived