Complete France Forum

Static IP through Orange or other service

Hello..

I will be moving to France in September and my US server/intranet requires me to have a static IP so it can identify me when I log in remotely.  Does anyone know if Orange offers a static IP option with its broadband service.

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce

Yes, you can have an 'IP Fixe' with Orange. It is included with the professional account. If I remember correctly, it is available as a supplement for home users, possibly 15 euros a month extra

You may be better off with another provider such as Free  who offer IP fixe as standard.

http://www.free.fr/assistance/247-freebox-adresse-ip-et-reverse-dns-ip-fixe.html

Danny

Thanks Danny.

I will be moving in with my girlfriend who already has Orange.  Is it possible to have two ISP's with one France Telecom line if i wanted to get Free, and if not... How much lead time do you think I would need to give Orange?

a year or two? HA Ha Ha!  But seriously...

And thanks again for taking the time to write.

Bruce

the simple answer is that you cannot have two ISPs at the same time on the same FT line... the complicated answer is well... too complicated for me!

I don't really know how long it takes for IP fixe to be set up by Orange. I imagine a few days is sufficient. The easiest thing to do is ask Orange how much and how long. [Www]

Danny

Archived