Complete France Forum

hi ok

just wondered if anyone out there could help us .I have been having problems with the phone via the free box ( the phone goes off after 3 mins )  but reading through the book did a hard reboot and the phone now lasts for about 20 mins  but the power pack is getting hot ( gleaned from another forum this seems to be a common problem ) so I need a new one , I have several here all 12volt with 1.2 out put same as the freebox one but when i put a volt meter on them they all give different voltages ranging from  14 volts to 16 volts ( the freebox one reads only 10.5 volts so guess it`s is faulty ) trying to get a new  one from free is getting beyond a joke

So what I want is someone who has a freebox power pack to put a volt meter on it and read what theirs says in volts please .

Dave

hi and thanks uncle fester for taking the time  .

did not want to try one of mine and blow the box , looks like I am going to have to pester ( sorry your pic ) the help line

thanks again

Dave

ps

thank you again Michael

sorry for being so ignorant ,see this is your first posting , welcome to the forum ..

you will enjoy it here no one takes the P   ( untill they get to know you  ) and every one will bend over backwards to help you

welcome Dave

Dave,

Just to upset you even more, I have been having a prob with the HD box thats why they changed the PSU, Yesterday I recieved  a Email from them.

Nous tenons à vous informer que le 21/03/2008, une demande d�échange de

votre module HD v5, est en cours de validation vers le point de retrait

TABAC PRESSE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, de ce fait

nous vous invitons à patienter jusqu'à la réception d�un SMS, sur votre

GSM ainsi vous emballez le module HD avec tous ce que vous avez reçu

avec, et veuillez vous rendre en personne muni de votre module afin de

procéder à l'échange.

De ce fait, je vous invite à patienter et vous remercie de la confiance que vous

nous accordez.

Cordialement,

Nous restons à votre entière disposition pour toute information complémentaire.

Abdelaziz, Service Mailer Free

They are effecient.

hi ole git

Just tried a new psu today a universal one tested the volts and polarity first ,it gave a reading of just under 12 volts , the phone is now working OK and the net is about 1/3 faster ..

my french is not that good but sounds like the are going to send you a new v5 version when they have them in !!!!!

or I could be totally wrong !!

Dave

Dave,

thats about it  they are going to change it.

I was using FTP and had stacks of recordings on the Hard Disk which I have lost!!!!!!

Teach me to back them up or transfer up to the PC.

Now that you have it working ok, maybe its the time for you to do a forced update.

You do your ADSL Box first:

disconnect the power supply/ reconnect until you see the 8888 on the screen then disconnect again. repeat this operation a further 4 times. then you will see 4 horizontal lines let this cycle complete then disconnect for the last time, it will be working ok.

Then  re-initialise the HD box disconnect and whilst holding two of the buttons on the front re- connect.

relese the buttons and the screen will show "FIRMWARE".

To reinitialise the Wi-Fi disconnect thepower to the HD and  disconnect the ethernet cable to the ADSL Box, reconnect the Ethernet and reconnect the power to the HD box.

You will have updated all the software.

Michael

• 1 year later...

Just be careful, enquire first, my V5 went wrong after 5 months, they decided to change it and charged me £150 euros for the pleasure, we are now locked in a battle.

For those of you banking with Britline, if any company tries to rip you of like freebox are trying to do to me Britline will claw back the money at your request up to 2 months (great bank to deal with)

Just pray your freebox dont go wrong

Manivelle

Sounds like your freebox one is faulty.Whatever you do only use a stabalised psu, 14-16 volts will not be stabalised, stabalised one will read about 12 to 12.5 volts unstabalised you could get background buzz on the phone, could even damage box in time

Manivelle ( retired electronics/tv engineer)

Archived