Complete France Forum

France Telecom/Orange & adsl modems

Hi- We have a maison secondaire and started a Teleconnect internet/adsl a/c on the understanding it could be suspended at any time at no charge. In practice it turned out to be once a year for free and 45€ each time after that, so we went to FT/O as 'you can cut it with your fixed line'- not quite as there has to be a registered letter each time its suspended but there is only the 4€ charge to suspend the service, as many times a year as you like.

The Teleconnect modem is a wifi, the FT/O modem is USB. Does anyone know how to access the codes within the modems as we would like to reset the Teleconnect modem (SSID Telcom-0507CC, WEP: 6E19 29EF 77D4 OE59 8E8B A7) to work with the FT/O adsl codes.

We have a Netgear wifi modem in UK and that is accessed via IE www.192.168.0.1 and then a menu etc comes up, any ideas for IP addresses for the Telcom or the Sagem/FT-O modems ??

192/168.0.1 is standard for FT/O - can you log on to this with your FT/O modem or get some help from Teleconnect? Unfortunately FT/O were quoted in a recent customer survey as being the most reliable internet provider - god knows what the rest are like. Did you get an FT/O installation disc or was everything provided by Teleconnect?

And please, before you start asking questions about IE - look at other IE questions on this forum and move over to Firefox immediately.

Bonjour Ian-

Thanks for the reply. Now we are back in the UK with adsl from Talktalk & using a Netgear wifi modem, I've tried the Teleconnect modem in place of the Ng, 192.168.0.1 to access it, without success-'page not available'. The TC modem came as 'plug and play' so I presume it is pre-programmed with their codes and goes looking for their connection which is not accessible from Taltalk. The same will apply to FT/O from the UK.

I will have to get another Netgear modem (more reliable than Belkin, i've had 3 and average life was 15 months) and take that to France to set up with the FT/O codes. At about £36, it should be cheaper than renting the FT/O  Live box wifi modem longer term.

Thanks for your help anyway-[:D]

Peter

Archived