Complete France Forum

Possibly one for the experts.......

When in France a couple of weeks ago, No 1 son brought a new wireless keyboard and mouse set with him. We put it on the PC and all was OK.....for 3 days. The keyboard then refused to work, although the mouse was OK.  Tried it on a second PC, (in the same location) same situation.

Son took it back with him to UK to get exchange under warranty, but tried it at his place and all working OK. The suggestion was that the WiFi signal from the livebox could have been interfering with the wireless operation of the keyboard. The PC is ethernet cabled to the live box but the live box position is about 18ins from the PC with WiFi enabled for anyone with a laptop.

Is it possible that this is the problem?

Hi, Steve, how are you?  In France or that other place whose name I can't remember!

Anyway, I had a laptop and a desktop.  Never could get the desktop set up with wifi.  In the end, just used the desktop with all the wires (fortunately had a wifi mouse as well as an ordinary mouse and a wifi keyboard as well as an ordinary keyboard) and just used the laptop on wifi.

I had a so-called computer professionelle to set it up so it's not as though it was just me being clueless.

Sorry, not a lot of help to you but I just thought I'd say bonjour and tell you my experience [:D]

[quote user="Tandem_Pilot"]Probably not - Wifi signal at 2.4GHz keyboard at 27MHz

There should be a switch under the keyboard to change the frequency though [Www]

Are you sure the batteries were in correctly?

[/quote]

Thanks for the reply TP, there was/is no frequency change switch - I checked, there are no buttons / switches at all, just 'plug and play'

I loved your comment about the batteries though.

There is obviously some incompatibility between my system set up and the keyboard, otherwise why would it work elsewhere? The strange thing is that the same incompatibility exists on both our home PCs. One is running Vista and the other XP Pro.

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Hi, Steve, how are you?  In France or that other place whose name I can't remember!

Anyway, I had a laptop and a desktop.  Never could get the desktop set up with wifi.  In the end, just used the desktop with all the wires (fortunately had a wifi mouse as well as an ordinary mouse and a wifi keyboard as well as an ordinary keyboard) and just used the laptop on wifi.

I had a so-called computer professionelle to set it up so it's not as though it was just me being clueless.

Sorry, not a lot of help to you but I just thought I'd say bonjour and tell you my experience [:D]

[/quote]

Good morning Sweet,

I am now back in the ''other place'', only two weeks vacation in France [:(]

We are also back on the fully wired system, so its an annoyance rather than anything else, and a waste of money!!!!

Archived