Complete France Forum

Cheapest international sms

Anyone know who does the cheapest international sms's? I'm with orange at the mo and 28 cents a message is a little high methinks. Plus they keep stealing money off me for other things I'm not even using (€35 went missing mysteriously over the weekend even though I hadn't used the phone), so don't trust orange much anymore.

Anyway, what does everyone else pay?Looking for a non contract plan.

Ta

R.

[quote user="LyndaandRichard"]Plus they keep stealing money off me for other things I'm not even using (€35 went missing mysteriously over the weekend even though I hadn't used the phone
[/quote]

Had the credit expired (ie if you put 25€ on the phone it is vaild for two months, unless you top up further in which case it carries over).

We've used ONEROAM for the past 3 years and been quite happy with them. They were the pick of the bunch of similar products at that time but I know there are several other other players now, some of whom might be slightly cheaper, but considering how little we use it and the hassle of changing the number if we moved to another provider I'm quite content to to stick with them.

[quote user="Maricopa"]

[quote user="LyndaandRichard"]Plus they keep stealing money off me for other things I'm not even using (€35 went missing mysteriously over the weekend even though I hadn't used the phone

[/quote]

Had the credit expired (ie if you put 25€ on the phone it is vaild for two months, unless you top up further in which case it carries over).

[/quote]

Nope. card is fine.

Put €35 on Sat morning (which makes it €45), by Sun morning only €8 remained. I'd only made 12 international sms's. My smart phone connects to the internet automatically when I don't want it to (not that smart then), and I wondered if it was that. But nothing like that shows up on the online facture, just the sms's and I have clicked show everything.

Have written to orange, but as usual no response. And why should they? They have my money.

[quote user="AnOther"]We've used ONEROAM for the past 3 years and been quite happy with them. They were the pick of the bunch of similar products at that time but I know there are several other other players now, some of whom might be slightly cheaper, but considering how little we use it and the hassle of changing the number if we moved to another provider I'm quite content to to stick with them.

[/quote]

Thanks, checked them, but are more expensive to sms abroad.

If you are sending texts from home you can do it with Skype for 8 centimes to anywhere in the world as far as I know. I certainly use it for the U.K. and Aussie, wot just lost their ashes!!!

It also gives you a running count of how many letters you have and if you go over the 160 characters it tells you haw much you are spending and sends as how ever many texts on the muliyple of 160.

It's also much easier to send with a proper keyboard!

From what I have just read off that web site L&R you actually use your normal land line phone? Or do you have to have a VOIP phone already active?

It looks like a really good deal especially as my sister lives in Aussy and the FT VOIP service don't cover there.!

I've just tried to sign on to it and the y don't tell you that you have to wait for an e-mail anywhere! But you do and it hasn't arrived yet so I am locked out for an hour!!

I will try again later and see if the plonkers have sent the said e-mail[:@]

Archived