Complete France Forum

Humax box and dish alignment

May I ask a couple of possibly silly questions of those of you who have installed a Humax FOXSAT-HDR Freesat+ PVR Digital Box. Does it have a signal strength and quality indicator screen you can look at whilst setting up the dish alignment like the Sky boxes have or do I need a sat finder thingy, never needed one with the Sky dish?

Apart from the SCART and HDMI outputs does it have anything like audio and visual outputs I can put into an old TV that does not have SCART whilst setting up the dish alignment? Unable to take the main set to the grenier whilst doing this and shouting up a bit, down a bit, left a bit and right a bit up two stories is a bit iffy to say the least! ......................................................JR 

Our Humax box - just the HD Freesat, not the PVR - is in France and I am in England right now so I can't be totally sure...

The 'diagnostics' page in the set-up menu has signal strength/quality indicators that you can use. If you get no programmes, but good strength and zero quality you are almost certainly looking at the wrong satellite.

When I set ours up I aligned the dish first using a spare Sky box and portable TV, merely because that's what I am used to. It was interesting from that exercise that the Humax tuner seems to be more sensitive than either the Pace 2600C1 or the old Panasonic digibox (we have one of each) which seem to be generally reckoned to be the best for overseas use. So the Humax box is probably a very good choice for France.

I do not believe it has a co axial socket out and therefore cannot see a way of feeding a pre SCART TV . Satcure were looking at producing a modulator for people who wanted to use co axial cable for a second TV in another room but it was going to be quite expensive.

I would try and borrow either a Sky Digibox or a Portable TV with a SCART, otherwise it is back to playing the Golden Shot (cheap walky talky ?)

Yes that was my understanding but it does say 1 composite output, what ever that is, in the Sat Buyer blurb. Bye the bye that firm seems a lot cheaper than Bigdish and was recommended to me by some of you good folk on this site a few weeks ago..............................JR

Brilliant, very helpful Will and tells me just what I wanted to know. I believe what they call RCA cable is what we used to call phono so problem solved, both my older sets have these for audio and video. Thanks Pierre and something to bear in mind should I find that I need it...............thanks again..........................JR

Archived