Complete France Forum

Anyone using Vista Édition Familiale Premium with an Epson printer

Just lately been having problems with our Epson Stylus Color 680 printer attached to our Dell Inspiron 531 which runs Windows Vista. I notice that Windows Vista Édition Familiale Premium has done quite a few updates of late and wonder if this has anything to do with it. It sometimes prints ok and other times stops halfway through a print job. Now it will not print at all and gives an error message when you look at the print box. Nothing wrong with the printer as it runs ok on another machine running Windows Millenium and using the same USB cable.

Allowed it to reinstall software and tried loading software from the disk supplied with it which has solved similar problems in the past but no go! We don't use the Dell printer provided with the machine much as the ink is just too expensive whereas the Epson ink is a lot cheaper. Is anyone else using an Epson printer on a Vista machine and have you had the same problems?........................................JR

Hi and again it has got weird! Switched on this morning and all now working! Makes no sense as I tried switching it all off and back on several times yesterday and that did not fix it. Maybe Windows has done another update and put right something they did on the last update if so not the first time of late as have other problems of Windows doing weird things for a day or two and then correcting itself or so it would seem!............................JR

PS Just checked and no updates since the 9th so I now have no explanations

Archived