Complete France Forum

Wi-fi to get easier

[quote user="AnOther"]

Never have found a use nor need for Bluetooth [blink]

[/quote]

Thats because you have a Garmin [:)]

Tomtom 730 and others act as hands free car kits too so you can answer and make calls from the sat nav. Alternatively a bluetooth radio can take calls from your mobile and play them via the car stereo.

I believe from the mobiles manual bluetooth is illegal out doors in France anyway [blink]

[quote user="Richard"]Many on here find setting up wi fi networks tricky at times, hence many questions on the subjects.[/quote]The vast majority of problems I see on the subject seem to involve Liveboxes which are a law unto themselves with their pairing and wotnot. Outwith those WiFi is no black art.

A great many problems are the result of 3rd party applications which set out to help but in practice are nothing but a nuisance and a hinderance. Windows XP, Vista, and 7, are all perfectly capable of handling WiFi on their own [;-)]

The point of the article is that it looks like there will be no need for a router, you will just be able to connect.

For example, I might have a need to print a word document out that's stored on my wi fi mobile phone. If I go into a hotel or somewhere like that, I could print the document from my phone direct to the printer without having to connect to a computer or router.

I don't think the tenchology is there to necessarily replace a router, merely make it easier to connect to wi fi hotspots, which can only be good imo.

Archived