Complete France Forum

Landline/alicebox problem.

Hi folks.I have a problem in that we have 2 phonr numbers.the original issued by france telecom,which has the landline phone plugged in.The second number is the one isssued by Alice when we had the alice box.this is connected to the office telecom socket with a filter.However when the original landline rings(the alice phone also rings) but when answered, no answer but the alice box goes into alarm condition!!!!hence no phone line at all until reset.No assistance from Alice,as with limited technical French,no one speaks any English-allegedly.Anyone any suggestions-constructive or humerous. Maude.T clarify-the Alice box by Hitachi has an alarm light which comes on and the alice box "does not operate"-hence alarm condition.When this happens I have no VOIP or ordinary landline either.This has to be reset by hand.Maude

Hi Maude, I have the same alicebox and on the Guide d'Installation it says the ALM light (I don't think ALM means alarm) should be LIT when you are on a call with your original operator ie FT, and UNLIT when you are on a call on your alice line. So it sounds as if the light is doing the right thing.

Doesn't solve the problem I know but maybe it is something to do with your FT line not your box?

I think the alm light should just go out when you end the FT call, you shouldn't have to reset it every time.

[quote user="maude"]Hi folks.I have a problem in that we have 2 phonr numbers.the original issued by france telecom,which has the landline phone plugged in.The second number is the one isssued by Alice when we had the alice box.this is connected to the office telecom socket with a filter.However when the original landline rings(the alice phone also rings) but when answered, no answer but the alice box goes into alarm condition!!!!hence no phone line at all until reset.No assistance from Alice,as with limited technical French,no one speaks any English-allegedly.Anyone any suggestions-constructive or humerous. Maude.T clarify-the Alice box by Hitachi has an alarm light which comes on and the alice box "does not operate"-hence alarm condition.When this happens I have no VOIP or ordinary landline either.This has to be reset by hand.Maude[/quote]

Maude, with the Hitachi Alicebox, you should not add an extra filter to the adsl cable - this modem has an internal filter. So the green ADSL cable should go straight from the Alicebox directly into the FT socket. You should use a filter on other sockets if you want to use another phone there. The alarm light is supposed to come on if you use the phone connected to the Alicebox for making a call via the FT line ( to do this, you press hash twice to hear the FT dialling tone ## ) This alerts you that you will be charged by FT for the call! But it should not cause a problem with the connection or phones.

Hope this helps

Danny

Archived