Complete France Forum

[quote user="hakunamatata"]So its not just me then![/quote]

I had a lot of problems at first, my PC slowed right up, problems opening links, then I got my PC man back and he said I had lots of * stuff*  (he used a more coloourful word) running in the background. Whether this was because of installing IE 8 I have no idea but once he fixed that all was well.....touch wood !

"Stuff" gets chucked into background as every new program thinks its king of the hill so a fight for resources takes place.

There is also a build up of junk and stuff left in the windows registry which can easily bog a pooter down.  It would be unwise to manually edit the registry unless you know exactly what you are doing but there are programs (usually annual subscription) that clean the registry for you.  Regcure is one of many but seems to come out well in tests by boffins.  I used it without any problems last year, my subscription is now out and I have seen a slow down on my pooter plus occasional locking up so I guess I should pay for a new subscription.

Its also nice if you have all your original system disc's licence's etc to wipe the hard drive and re-install all the stuff you want as it will usually run like a TGV for while at least.  The biggest problem seems to be that computers advance in technology so fast that your machine soon becomes a relic, ok if it does what you need it to do but if you buy new programs MS office 2007 etc you soon realise that you actually need more computing power.

Archived