Complete France Forum

SFR Internet by Satellite.

Today tuesday 24/11/09, SFR announce their new Internet Service via Satellite.

There are of course limits on the Gigabytes downloaded; but a new and interesting option is the unlimited Gigabyte download during the night time

for an extra € 7 per month.

Mise à jour à 11h10

L'offre est disponible dès aujourd'hui. Des limites de transferts de données sont imposées. Entre 2,4 et 4,7 Go par mois selon l'abonnement. Il est néanmoins possible de passer outre cette limite grâce à une option illimitée la nuit (de 23h à 7h) pour 7 euros par mois.

http://www.internetparsatellite.net/index.php/t/2/news/1132/lance-tour-dans-internet-satellite-avec.html

Interesting.

Might be appealing for those bereft of terrestrial alternatives but the basic offering of 2.4 to 4.7gb/mth - depending on package - is miserly, especially with value added services, unlimited phone phone calls for instance, but I wonder just how unlimited unlimited is and how sustainable such an offer will turn out to be in the long run.

Bandwidth is finite and as the only logical reason I can see for uptake is the unlimited 23:00 to 07:00 period I can envisage it quickly becoming overloaded leading to throttling, capping, or both.

Hope I'm wrong.

EDIT: Meant with NO value added services of course [:$]

Archived