Complete France Forum

New TV- what to buy ?

[quote user="Ceejay"]I also have been looking for another TV and have found this Panasonic on offer and in stock at Amazon:-

Panasonic TX-P46G15B 46-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Plasma TV with Freesat HD

[/quote]

Different subject so I thought I would post seperatly.

Do a search on Panasonic TX-P46G15B and look at the prices and most importantly the warranty deals. I see that some companies are selling at the same price with 3 years warranty and Panasonic are offering free 5 years waranty if bought through them. The standard warranty appears to be 1 year with Amazon and you have to pay £56.99 for 2 years, £125.99 for 3 years and £273.99 for 5 years. Worth having a look around you might get a better deal elsewhere. I would also go and have a look in a shop and have a play before you decide, its a lot of money. [;-)]

Thanks Quillan from me too!   You correctly discerned what I was trying to say.

Please don't apologise Ceejay,  this whole technology thing in the "sales" context is getting out of hand!

I think there is going to be a lot of annoyance in Britain when all the owners of so-called HD sets find that they won't actually pick up terrestrial HD broadcasts when they start,  without the addition of a decoder box or going out and buying a new set.

Used to amuse me in the 1970's when shops advertised digital radios,  by which they meant that the set had a digital display.    But one could have quite a good argument with the assistants (if one had nothing better to do) asking them exactly how these radios picked up digital signals.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived