Complete France Forum

Cancelling Alice

I am in the process of cancelling Alice. For cancellation they want the Alice box returned. Does anyone know what else they may require?

After a spring clean of computer bits and pieces accumulated over the years, I am not sure I have everything that came in the package but as long as they have the modem are they bothered?

Thank you in advance.

[quote user="audio"]

I am in the process of cancelling Alice. For cancellation they want the Alice box returned. Does anyone know what else they may require?

After a spring clean of computer bits and pieces accumulated over the years, I am not sure I have everything that came in the package but as long as they have the modem are they bothered?

Thank you in advance.

[/quote]

http://www.c-alice.com/Tutos/Lettre-Alice-service-clients-resiliation-retour-modem-alicebox-decodeur-tv.php

Bonne chance, PPP

[quote user="audio"]

Thank you in advance.

[/quote]

I sent back the Alice modem and power supply which satisfied them (eventually). Make sure you do everything by recorded delivery. About two months after I cancelled my account and returned the modem I got a snotty letter saying if I didn't send it back they would charge me 99€. I sent copies of the recorded delivery slips (by recorded delivery) twice before they admitted they had received it and apologised for the error. I then had a sweet letter asking if I wanted to renew my subscription. A year later I received a demand for 87€ from a debt collection agency in Paris, which they say is owed to Alice. After repeated request for information and an invoice I am no further forward with them and continue to receive threats.

Be warned - keep every scrap of paper, invoices and recorded delivery slips, you are going to need them!

Archived