Complete France Forum

Dumped SFR, now have same problem with new Orange livebox - Is it me?????

Well in answer to John, I took his valuable advice and copied the page on the livebox settings (which stated that the telephone was disabled) and pasted it into an email to the orange english customer email address and sent it with a note saying, "perhaps this is why telephone is not working".  This afternoon I was sitting at the computer when suddenly the livebox rebooted itself, I just thought it was a blip and ignored it.  Later, I glanced down at the livebox and lo and behold the TEL light was on.  Hallelujah!!!  Five months we have been without a phone, I cannot believe it, but have to admit, its only two and a half weeks with FT the rest was with SFR!

Thanks again to everyone.

Suey

Not trying to steal the credit bit I think it more likely that even though your attempt to update the firmware reported none available this was clearly not the case and I suspect it may have been the actual act of checking which triggered the update [;-)]

Glad you're up and running though, whatever the reason [:D]

Argument? Who said anyone was arguing? I'll fight anyone wot accuses me of arguing, unless they are bigger than me, younger than me, fitter than me, etc![:-))][8-)]

Just glad that it's sorted!![;-)]

Ernie, just make sure that the light in the end of you signature tunnel ain't a train mate! When the time arrives you will wonder how the hell you ever had time to go to work!

Stupid, but so very true!!

Archived