Complete France Forum

AZERTY keyboard MS 600

Merry Christmas to Everyone!

My son has bought me a very useful French keyboard for my PC.  However, having attached it and downloaded a MS driver and told it that it is French, it still thinks it's a QWERTY keyboard.  I am using XP Home edition.  Anybody know what I have or have not done

Many thanks

You will have to add it in Control Panel - Regional Settings:

To install French language and French keyboard layout in Windows XP, follow these steps:

1. In the Windows XP standard Start menu, click Start , and then click Control Panel.

In the Windows XP classic Start menu, click Start , click Settings, and then click Control Panel.

2. Double-click Regional and Language Options.

3. Click the Languages tab, and then click Details under "Text Services and Input Languages".

4. Click Add under "Installed Services", and then click French language and the French keyboard layout you want to use for that language.

5. To configure the settings for the Language bar, click Language Bar under "Preferences".

Merry Christmas

Please feel for me. 3 laptops, one with UK keyboard, one with US keyboard and the one I use most with French keyboard. I get very confused from lappy to lappy. Still, the UK one will soon be sent out to pasture as soon as I get everything I need off it.

Amazing how easy the French one becomes when you type in French though. These qwerty and azerty etc layouts are cleverly thought out.

Archived