Complete France Forum

Orange e-mail log in problem

I'm afraid that's the way it is with the Orange messengeire.

Obviously somebody a bit lacking in foresight though it would be a welcome convenience for the Livebox to be permanently logged in with no way whatsoever to log out. If you go to Orange.fr from your own Livebox then yes, you will find that you are logged in but of course from anywhere else you wouldn't be.

If you are concerned about friends or guests being able to access your email then all you can do is not use Orange for your email and instead sign up for a Yahoo or Gmail account - or change ISP being sure to tel Orange why.

It's seldom a good idea to tie yourself to an ISP's email which you'll likely have to kiss goodbye to if you changed.

It actually nothing to do with the Livebox, its the website.

You know Another I don't know of anyone who has had the sort of problems you have had with Orange. OK I know of a problem with an install which proved to be the line and it took three weeks to run a new cable in but the other 5 or more people I personally know who have made the change to Orange have had no problems at all. You haven't upset them by any chance [;-)] . For me and many others it 'does what it says on the tin' perfectly.

Q, if phoning up to ask to become a customer and give them my money constitutes 'upsetting' then guilty m'lord [8-)]

I'm obviously very happy for anyone who doesn't go through trauma and I have no doubt that may such people exist and frankly there really can be little or no excuse for it. However, in my case the facts are that they told me a string of bare faced lies, cut me off when they explicitly said they wouldn't, took 12 days to provide any service at all, then a further 12 days after that to make the phone work.

In their favour I will say that since it was all finally sorted out, quirkiness of the messengerie aside, it's worked perfectly - but then so did Teleconnect (spit) until their calamitious 'upgrade'. Their promise of a refund of phone charges has been fulfilled too, just yesterday in fact, so for the moment at least I'm happy enough although I'm not losing sight of the single driving reason for joining Orange which was to try and get my line properly sorted out which I stood little or no chance of doing whilst not an Orange BB customer. That quest will start in earnest in the new year.

I think that now you are 'up and running' you will find they are very good. Our Orange box, apart from the odd power cut has only thrown a 'wobbly' once and just needed a reboot. I was told it could have been to do with an upgrade but I don't really know. I have not yet (fortunately) had the opportunity to discover how good or bad their help desk is.

I don't think their sales side is any different to any of the other companies in France. We often get calls and letters addressed to my wife trying to get her to buy something like a new ISP, mobile phone or some form of service and even insurance for water pipes. It seems to me they target women in the hope they are too stupid and will sign anything (I find this approach very demeaning to women). We even get letters addresed only to her which look very official and appear to be from the local council, EDF etc when they are not. I can't see Orange being any different. Mind you they do keep phoning me up, well their sales and marketing company, trying to sell me exactly what I have got already which makes me doubly angry. 'Only' speaking English is a good trick until they got an English speaking person to phone us back. [:'(]

Archived