Complete France Forum

Turn on livebox?

Hello

Yes its me again! We have our livebox now and on the paperwork we were given it says wait to install it as we will be sent a text on our mobile phone. Anyway its only been about 5 days but no text yet. It has come to my attention that we are now getting higher speed internet as our speed has gone up from 512k to about 4.7megs (So much for 8 Mega) and this is through the old modem.

We have not been given any new login details atall, Should we have any? I take it that our PC will find the new wi-fi signal as it found our inlaws signal from upstairs but it said input a code (Darn).

But will we have to put in any code or password to be able to access our internet. Other threads I have read seem to be saying maybe something starting 19. or something. Should I just wait to be given something by Orange or not? The paperwork seems to say our old access details from when we had our first modem '4 Years ago' thats sometime ago now and I think I have found the paperwork but I really don't think it looks right.

So any ideas anyone before, Thankyou

Thanks Nectarine. Someone did tell me that even though they say 8 meg it would be something like 5 or 6 meg. We have been on 512k ADSL for about 4 years and now need something quicker but it does go up and down from about 4.8 - 4.2. But I suppose thats about right. I will pop the box on and see what happens. I take it that they sense that we have turned the box on and then cut our phone a short time later and turn on the internet phone.

If you were with Orange/Wanadoo before, your passwords will remain the same. The only difference is the wep code which, as already been said, is on the bottom of the livebox.

A tip with the code, type it out in notepad (or similar) then copy and paste as required.

Right, 'I thought' As we seemed to have the faster internet speed I thought plug in the new PC as it found the inlaws wi-fi upstairs but of course don't have there code. Plugged in the box how it says and the PC found the new livebox straight away, OK evrything going to plan so put in the code (WEP) on the livebox and came up with 'code mismatch' so someone said don't install the orange disc as it just puts loads of crud onto your pc but it does say use it in the pack so popped the disc in came up with run etc, clicked and it then says click on the installer so did that it then comes up on the screen with (Installion is aborted because: Your OS is not supported)! I take it they mean the windows operating system, It is running windows 7 which it says in the pack is fine.

Any ideas anyone.

Its just it seems that you should use the disc set up because you have to click that you have agreed to all Orange conditions etc, But the pc found the livebox straight away but says the key is mismatched. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm slowly running out of brain cells, Any help anyone, Pleeeeease[8-)] 

[quote user="Thebiga"]Yes I thought that so I did both ways but no luck![/quote]

and NO spaces either. [:D]

Given that it is very difficult to help at a distance but I would remove all the stuff you loaded from the CD and start again with a fresh connection.

You definitely do not need the CD for anything, not to access the Livebox nor to 'sign' any conditions, nothing, nowt nada !

I don't understand why your key isn't working, assuming you have the new Livebox 2, the oblong box with a corner cut off, have you tried pressing the Wifi pairing button on the front ?

I have the Livebox 2 but I don't use any security, I don't need it where I am, so I don't know if it's necessary to press this when using WEP but it probably is if older Liveboxes are anything to judge by.

As a temporary measure try going into the Livebox via ethernet and either disabling the WiFi security or winding it down to WPA with which you can enter your own simple password. At least you will prove everything works.

Can I ask, if your inlaws upstairs have their own internet connection why are you subscribing to another yourself ?

I will understand if you take the 5th [Www]

I will take the 5th on that one!

It is the new livebox as you describe. I didn't do anything eithernet wise as I don't have a long enough cable.

I will try it again later and press the wi-fi pairing box on the front and see what that does. I thought that as soon as the new PC found the wi-fi that it was going well and just the key to put in, But then....... I know that you mentioned in another thread that you don't need the disc and thats why I tried it without it. But when I did try it with the disc as I said it came up that my operating system was not supported!

I will as I said try again later and report back, I have fingers crossed.  

The fact that your PC asks for the key normally means you can establish a connection, are you sure you are typing in the right number? This is an example of what an Orange key looks like F608E8DBF2745B25618F3EAE9D as you can see its quite long, yours of course will be different (letters and numbers) but typically the number of characters will be the same. You can change it later if you want for something shorter and/or easier to remember (but you need to be connected first).

Just going back to basics - is the Livebox enabled for Wifi?

Access to the configuration pages (

password box comes up

username admin

password admin

click security - wireless connection

makesure box "Enable wireless connection" is ticked

click configuration - advanced- wireless

make sure WPA security only is ticked.

Archived