Complete France Forum

Another Orange Offer?

Just had an email from Orange (again) but this one seems quite interesting if you have been on the Internet+TV+Phone+mobile/free international calls. The email advertises 'Net Plus' which it seems to me offers the same but for 7 Euros a month less. Basically you don't have to pay for the 1 hr mobile and Free International calls anymore. I did notice that the International calls are limited to 74 destinations plus US and Canadian mobiles so you need to make sure it covers the countries your interested in. All this for 39.99 per month (plus Livebox rental).

http://maboutique-internet.orange.fr/residentiel/forfaits/net-tripleplay-plus.aspx?idnode=100211021

I would be interested to know if I have read this right and I assume you still don't have to pay for the FT line?

I guess you take the offer. You still get to use the phone via the LiveBox and for you with your girlfriend in the US you can phone for free on either her landline or her mobile. You can also SMS her via the Orange website but I think you have to pay for each message, about 15 cents I think but its easier typing on a keyboard than on a blinking phone. You need to read the link I gave. Don't forget it's plus the 3 Euros per month including the LiveBox which makes it 42.90 total per month.

[quote user="Quillan"]I guess you take the offer. You still get to use the phone via the LiveBox and for you with your girlfriend in the US you can phone for free on either her landline or her mobile. You can also SMS her via the Orange website but I think you have to pay for each message, about 15 cents I think but its easier typing on a keyboard than on a blinking phone. You need to read the link I gave. Don't forget it's plus the 3 Euros per month including the LiveBox which makes it 42.90 total per month.[/quote]

Oh I didn't know about the texting. That's cheaper than my phone (28 cents).

However, I cannot fit my laptop in my pocket ;)

Amazes me that I can talk for the whole month on the phone for free, yet to send a few words, it costs. Seems funny.

Wish there was a mobile contract with unlimited international texts rather than national texts.

[quote user="Quillan"]

Just had an email from Orange (again) but this one seems quite interesting if you have been on the Internet+TV+Phone+mobile/free international calls. The email advertises 'Net Plus' which it seems to me offers the same but for 7 Euros a month less. Basically you don't have to pay for the 1 hr mobile and Free International calls anymore. I did notice that the International calls are limited to 74 destinations plus US and Canadian mobiles so you need to make sure it covers the countries your interested in. All this for 39.99 per month (plus Livebox rental).

http://maboutique-internet.orange.fr/residentiel/forfaits/net-tripleplay-plus.aspx?idnode=100211021

I would be interested to know if I have read this right and I assume you still don't have to pay for the FT line?

[/quote]

Yes Quillan, as Bugsy says, this was talked about a while ago but there should be no reason why you can't go for it and reduce your costs by 7 euros.

The only differences from before are that now there are 74 countries included (63 before) and the 1 hour to French mobiles is still there but any minutes you do not use up are not carried over to the next month like before. You will also be re-engaged for another 12 months if you change to it.

BUT... you may want to wait a week as the new commercial period for Orange will start on 8th April and they will probably make some changes to their offers.

Danny

Archived