Complete France Forum

Selling Land!!!

I have a property with a decent sized 'English' type garden (ie. it is directly out of the French windows in one patch - unlike so many others I saw).

My neighbours have a small courtyard at the back of their house & would dearly love a garden, they've approached me on a few occasions about it. They are very friendly & hospitable, I've grown very fond of them!! I have a patch of 'unused' land which is really no more than 2 metres square which is of interest to them, gives them a little more space.

The first dilemma is what to charge for a patch of land - I don't want lots of money but do feel it is worth 'something' in a village that has very few homes with gardens. I presume this price will obviously be relative to the regional area.

My second dilemma, other than a notaire to re-write our deeds regarding the land, who else will have to be informed or should be contacted in completing this transaction?

Thirdly, would you agree, I shouldn't bare any of the costs, including the building of a new boundary???

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I have to chat to them next weekend!!!

Kira

>The first dilemma is what to
>charge for a patch of
>land - I don't want
>lots of money but do
>feel it is worth 'something'
>in a village that has
>very few homes with gardens.
> I presume this price
>will obviously be relative to
>the regional area.

I would charge them an amount equivalent to whatever having the land would add to the value of the house.

>My second dilemma, other than a
>notaire to re-write our deeds
>regarding the land, who else
>will have to be informed
>or should be contacted in
>completing this transaction?

The notaire will do this.

>Thirdly, would you agree, I shouldn't
>bare any of the costs,
>including the building of a
>new boundary???

I would agree, depending rather on how much you charge them for the land. A 2 metre wall isn't going to cost much.

Archived