Complete France Forum

Anyone having trouble with One-Tel?

We have suddenly found ourselves unable to make calls to the UK via One-Tel - just get a long pause and then a repeated beep (like English engaged tone).  Have sent off email but no reply so far.  For the last 9 years or so we have been delighted with the service/cost of using One-Tel so don't really want to think  about changing.

Anyone else had this problem?

Chrissie (81)

I have had problems today although not with One-Tel.  Just a message saying that due to a large amount of traffic the lines are too busy and to try again.  This is a French voice message not just a tone, but it may be the same problem affecting more than one company today for some reason?  I was calling the UK (or trying to.)

We are with One-Tel and have had problems for the last 5 days trying to ring the UK. Weird thing is that I can get through to UK mobiles but not landlines just get nothing at all the line is completely dead. We did get a call today from the UK and they said they had tried several previous calls to us and got nothing not even the usual France Telecom message service. Phoned a friend in Spain today via One-Tel and got through straight away so the problem might not be with One-Tel.  Blame it on volcanic ash [:D]

Archived