Complete France Forum

Hello

I am fitting some multi scart boxes at the moment and am having a few niggles.

I have a DVD player a Video player a TNT box and a UK Sat box all going into the one scart on the tv, I have changed all the scart leads around and tried a new multi scart box but no joy.

The problem I have is with picture quality really its all pretty hazey and in general not good. If you just do one of the players etc direct to the tv I have no problem put the multi scart on and then I get a poor picture.

When I was just running a video and a uk sat box it was fine as you could run them through eachother and all was well but it seems to not like the multi scart box but I cant see any other way of doing it.

So any ideas anyone or is this something I will have to put up with?

Thanks Pachapapa but my french is not that good so I don't really no what you are asking me to try.

The multi scart only has one item of the four turned on at once as I know that the picture goes all over the place if you dont do that if you have more than one running as they clash.

Any one thing plugged indirect is perfect but add them all into the multi scart and the picture degrades. As I said tried others and its the same so its not a duff one.

I agree completely.  I wanted a remote controlled Scart switcher but it just didn't seem to work well with the same symptoms as described above.   In the end I gave up and got a manually switching one which is OK but I think I should have got a better quality one as the plugs don't fit well and the picture or sound sometimes drops out until I get up and jiggle it a bit.  Serves be right for being cheap I suppose.

Thanks. So it looks like the one to go for is the ones where you press the button on the front of the scart box for which item you want to use.

Does it really make that much difference over a non switching one?. I must admit it worked fine in one property but not the one I'm doing things on now. Strange.

I will get one and give it a go.

Cheers

[quote user="Thebiga"]Thanks Pachapapa but my french is not that good so I don't really no what you are asking me to try. The multi scart only has one item of the four turned on at once as I know that the picture goes all over the place if you dont do that if you have more than one running as they clash. Any one thing plugged indirect is perfect but add them all into the multi scart and the picture degrades. As I said tried others and its the same so its not a duff one.[/quote]

I thought you might rush out to purchase one and might need a translation to assist the shop assistant. It will be box shaped have a short scart lead for TV and several female scart sockets on the top, on one side there will be little round buttons to select the input. Frankly with a TV having just one scart connection I would not bother with gold plated thingamyjigs; anything around the €uro 5 mark will be sufficient.

And @ €uro 2,90 TTC [IMG]http://medias.pearl.fr/images/produits/grand/K/KT1/KT1691.jpg[/IMG]

[:)] I hadn't spotted that the TV only had one SCART input.  Mine has four but it's still not enough.....[:-))]

Thinking about this, Thebiga, I wonder in fact whether it's not so much your switcher but the way in which you have everything connected (especially as you've got 2 decoders and recorders as well.)  It would be good to know how they're joined up (for instance the links between the recorders and the decoders, as well as those between the various bits of kit and the TV, how the aerial inputs are connected etc.)

None of the boxes dvd/vhs are used for recording so they are not linked as for recording. All the scarts come direct from the players,sat,tnt into the 4 way multi scart box then the trailing lead goes in the tv. Everything is fixed as it should be but as I said it degrades the tv picture when watching sat/tnt. When playing dvd/vhs the picture is fine. I think!

Archived