Complete France Forum

livebox - remove need for wifi button when connecting to the interent

Hi All

I am thinking of removing the need to press the wifi button to connect a new computer to the livebox.

Can this be done...

I already have set it to no security but I guess there is another setting to bypass the wifi button too.

I imagine it is similar to what macdonalds do to allow wifi access... although I cant see I have ever tried.

Thanks

osie

Don't know about the Livebox 1, the book style, but as far as the Livebox 2 is concerned you certainly can do away with the pairing button. Even with security enabled (you can't turn it off completely) I have never once had to press the button on mine [;-)]

AFAIK this pairing idea is almost unique to the Livebox and I seriously doubt that it's what McDo's use !

[quote user="AnOther"]AFAIK this pairing idea is almost unique to the Livebox ... [/quote]

Almost unique is about right as I have just set up a friend's new neuf box so I can state that that has a pairing button too.

Sue

[quote user="AnOther"]Obviously I cannot have intimate knowledge of every router on the market but outside of the Livebox this is certainly the first one I've heard of which has pairing.

What type of box is it I wonder ?

[/quote]

In fact the "mode association" initiated by pressing the REG "bouton" on the rear of a french box is in no way exclusive to a LiveBox. The Sagem 3302 box used by Alice has one. It is on the left of the power connection from the power socket, on the right of the power connection is a button with RST accessed with a "trombone" in english called a paper clip.

Archived