Complete France Forum

Problems with Windows 7 and the Tax Declaration

Have used the online system for Taxes/Charges here for several years using Windows XP and Vista.  Tried today with Windows 7 but ran into the sand.  The site accepted the security certifiate but Explorer 8 kept shutting down claiming there was an unauthorised access to the system memory. I ran a batch file to disactivate the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) which then allowed E8 to load up the forms which we filled in.  However the system would not allow me to electronically sign for the forms as I had not accepted the relevant programme (Java/Active X?).  Tried several times but got the same E104 error on the Impôt site.

Luckily I keep an old machine with XP on it, ran that up, transferred the certificate, found the forms (still completed) accepted all the programmes that came up on the pop up bar and signed the form  without any problems.

I understand the E8 has the  "Click to run an Active X control on this webpage" safety feature which is annoying but is supposed to prevent other problems.  On the Impôt site this did not appear, hence I could not allow any of the programmes to run.  With XP, still with E8, the bar appeared each time.

Hopefully without entering into a  slagging off  Windows/Explore contest (!) I wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem and a possible solution.

Windows 7 Ultimate + IE8, no problem for me. If it helps I filled mine in just before the update that asked you to select the browser you want to use. You might try a restore back to just before that, set the updates to ask your permission before they update then change it back if it works after you have completed your tax return then it will install the updates again.

Thanks for the idea, I think I must have something either ticked or un ticked in the options.  The second machine I was successful with has not had the "browser option" undate run as its not been on for a couple of months. 

Archived