Complete France Forum

Sky white viewing card

I seem to be making a number of queries re tv and sky.

I have just acquired a white sky viewing card which i am told has only been used for 2 weeks/months.

On inserting it into my sky box and trying to get Channel 5, 132 etc, it put up a notice that channel not available and I could not use the tv and box for some time.  I finally switched the whole lot off and of course removed the card.  When I switched on I put in the original card and everything was fine.

Have I been sold a pup or is there any way I can get use out of the card.

Many thanks

WendyG

The card may need upto 48 hours in the digibox before it allows you to watch FTV channels. Try putting it in last thing at night and seeingif it is better in the morning.

Just to check the card has SKY printed on it in a big futuristic font. If not then it may be a very old pre dark blue card in which case you have been sold  pup.

I had a 'pairing' problem with the white card I bought, left it in overnight and it worked fine the next day. You can, I believe, force it to activate by going in to the 'Installers Menu' which is a hidden menu activated via the services menu by pressing a string of keys in a specific order (SERVICES, 4, 0, 1, SELECT) and select New Installation.

Archived