Complete France Forum

No Mobile Phone Signal at Home.

Just wondered if anything can be done when you have NO signal to your mobile at your home address. Works fine at the top of the road but not in our house/grounds.

Its a phone on contract with SFR.

Thanks

I bought a payg sim with sfr with them claiming it would work in my area.

It didn't and I was about to take it back when, as I took the sim out of my phone, accidentally dropped it (the sim) and out of all the places I could have stood, I decided standing over the dogs water bowl would be best. Card dropped into the water and hasn't worked since.

Never got round to going back to sfr either.

I don't know why that would have been because short of tasking a blade or pair of scissors to it a SIM is virtually indestructible and certainly a simple dunking should cause it no harm whatsoever.

Not long ago I accidentally dropped an entire Ericson phone into a flooded garage pit. Assuming it to be a lost cause and not having a means of getting down into the pit anyway, I wasn't in a rush to retrieve it but as I stood there looking at it and cursing the screen came alight and when I bent down to look closer I could see it was saying 'Insert SIM'. I hastily fished it out with a garden rake and after a couple of hours in warm airing cupboard it worked perfectly and in fact my OH is still using it to this day and the SIM itself is in my iPhone.

Archived