Complete France Forum

SFR Internet connection

After 18 months of good service my Internet and telephone link on Neuf/SFR started to give me problems in April this year. When the system is working correctly the Neuf box shows a green system light and various other lights including the WiFi are lit up. What happens is that EVERY NIGHT (yes EVERY NIGHT) between 9 - 10 pm the light changes to yellow/white and the internet and telephone connection are lost.

The WiFi connection is ok. The set remains like this unit between 9 - 10 am the next morning. I have had 3(THREE) visits fro France Telecom (they say no line problem)

2 (TWO) visits from Neuf/SFR engineers (two new neuf boxes). The problem still persists.

I am due another visit fro a SFR (EXPERT) next week.

Has any one else had the same or similar problem ?

My line is "degroupe". This loss of service occurs even if my computer is turned off. I have no other connections to the Neuf box. 

Thank you

Hi, I've not had the problem myself but I read a thread on another forum where someone was having intermittent line problems. Turned out to be a local farmer’s electric fence interfering with the line. Since your problem follows a regular pattern, I wondered if you could be suffering something similar. It’s just an idea that came to mind; feel free to disregard it :-)

I'm with rjpfrancais on this one. It sounds like something that comes on overnight causing interference.

Do you have an ordinary land line still that you could plug a handset into? You might hear something -- crackling or bleeps or something.

Also, can you pin down the time more accurately. For example, is it anything to with heures creuses?

Finally, do you know of anything that changed inside your property or locally (new neighbours, new business...) back in April?

You might like to read my post here http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1291051/ShowPost.aspx

My problem was exactly the same as yours and I never did convince FT. My solution was to become so p****d off with the ISP (Alice) that I cancelled and went with somone else. I had the line checked out by the new ISP and they found a FT junction box that had no cover. On most wet days my connection went off - depending on the direction of the wind - and also most nights. I can only assume the colder night temperature made water condense inside of the box. The box was eventually replaced after I suggested I could get my ladders and do the job myself. I have had no problems since.

[quote user="AnOther"][quote user="Jay"]I had the line checked out by the new ISP and they found a FT junction box that had no cover.[/quote]A 3rd party ISP found a faulty FT junction box, how did that work ?
[/quote]

It was an ISP employee working in disguise as a sub contractor on line maintenance for france telecom whilst surreptitiously locating alien DSLAMs in their exchanges.[:)]

[quote user="AnOther"][quote user="Jay"]I had the line checked out by the new ISP and they found a FT junction box that had no cover.[/quote]A 3rd party ISP found a faulty FT junction box, how did that work ?

[/quote]

I think you have been through all this before No 42 in your Teleconnect (rather rude spit) rant - of which you are well aware. Of course you will want to bring it all up again no doubt.

I think that what Another is talking about is that only Orange (also known as FT) can physically check lines as they still belong to them even if you don't pay for the line and as such another ISP can't physically go out and check the line. What may have happened is that the ISP contacted FT and asked them to check the line.

Must say however the comments about Teleconnect we could do without now as its very old news and you have resolved the issue.

You are correct Q but as far as Teleconnect goes there can be, nor ever will be, any forgiveness for what they did to me and even when (if) I regain the speed I had before they stuffed me they will forever remain Teleconnect (spit) and if that gives just one single person a moments pause for thought before signing up with them then the tiny bit of typing it takes to add it will, for me, be completely worthwhile.

Archived