Complete France Forum

Can I put my phone in" Limbo"

Is it possible to arrange to have FT telephone disconnected for a few months,thus saving rental costs, as we would have no requirements for a land line phone,

but still be able to send/receive emails via mail2web,as I normally do on a regular basis, during those particular few months?

my email address is not, hot mail ,it is  ...........@.wanadoo.fr

My total package with FT is about 40 euros a month inc livebox.

[quote user="LEO"]I thought if someone sends me an email,it sits up in a satellitte in the sky ,until I retrieve it.,regardless of my telephone connection.

[/quote]Yes although not in a satellite. Assuming the account exists then it sits on the relevant mail providers earthbound server until you retrieve it. You can usually set up a forwarding rule which sends mail on to another address so you never have to log into the original server at all.

Thanks for your answers so far guys,

I set up my internet account and email address with France telecom/wanadoo 4 years ago

I have never had any  problems  and always get online every time.

I have never opened or needed my Orange/Wanadoo email account as I manage all with Outlook Express when I am here and ,use  Mail2web  successfully ,when I am in Spain or UK.

I don't speak or read French ,and that is why I have not used my Orange email account.

Don't worry, plenty of people seem to manage OK in France without being particularly good French speakers themselves.

Leo, I believe you may be thinking of FT/Orange's system for suspending phone lines in holiday homes, and the 'non-contract' broadband package that can be turned off and on again, although if you are doing this often it's better value to just have a normal contract.

As long as you have your password, you can access your wanadoo/orange e-mail accounts by web mail over any internet connection, anywhere.

Archived