Complete France Forum

SFR Messagerie

I've been happy with this provider, with no problems to speak of.

Just recently though, the Messagerie has occasionally been at a virtual standstill (no problems with access to websites).  Also (and this is the bit I'd appreciate any feedback / similar experiences over) messages seem to be disappearing.  One sent a week ago simply never turned up and one sent by our son this morning had gone when I went to re-read it 10 mins ago.

Just in case you're thinking "pilot error", the address was correct in the 1st instance and I hadn't zapped or filed the message in the 2nd. I've checked.

Any thoughts?

Am afraid I don't know what the problem is, but do yourself a favour and ditch the isp's email systems and get a gmail account.

The advantages are numerous, including the fact you'll never have to change email addresses again if you change provider.

You can look at your emails online or download them using Outlook, the system is rarely if ever, down and I don't think I've hit a disadvantage yet.

Well, Gardian, I do find that once I've downloaded my messages to Outlook Express (or Outlook or whatever you use) then the messages disappear from the inbox unless I've copied them to a folder.

But it seems to be working at normal speed for me.

Richard, I've dumped ISPs before but always been able to access the webmail nonetheless (alice and wanadoo both).  Not that that invalidates what you say of course, it's just that to my mind dumping an isp does not necessarily mean dumping your e-mail address.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

Well, Gardian, I do find that once I've downloaded my messages to Outlook Express (or Outlook or whatever you use) then the messages disappear from the inbox unless I've copied them to a folder.

But it seems to be working at normal speed for me.

Richard, I've dumped ISPs before but always been able to access the webmail nonetheless (alice and wanadoo both).  Not that that invalidates what you say of course, it's just that to my mind dumping an isp does not necessarily mean dumping your e-mail address.

[/quote]

Funny enough I was thinking the same and tonight logged in to my old BT email address which I cancelled subscription too 13 years ago. There were thousands of emails there, all junk so just deleted the lot.

Archived