Complete France Forum

Idiot's Guide to WiFi (from the Idiot)

Hi again - thanks for sorting out my problems with wifi on a previous thread

I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird as my e-mail client.  I currently am using the same address on my old laptop and now the new laptop, but my e-mails are only coming through on the old laptop (with the exception of 3 which made it to my new laptop while the old was was still running.

I've matched all the settings in Thunderbird Account Settings, apart from the bit where it says "roaming" on the new laptop (it's in a different file on the old).

Would it just be simpler if I changed my e-mail address on the new laptop to avoid any conflict between the two machines, or is there a way round it that I'm missing.

Many thanks

Jan (The WiFi Idiot)

If some got through to the new machine then your settings must be correct.

Check on both though that you have them set to ' Leave mail on server' or whatever the exact text is as if that is unticked once one machine has downloaded them they will be deleted which means you will not be able to download them again to the other. This used to be the default setting for Thunderbird and caught me out first time I tried it although that was a while ago.

Of course if you only intend to use the new machine for email and are not bothered about keeping them on the server by all means leave the setting alone.

Archived