Complete France Forum

Problem with Orange Dialup - help please.

I have been unable to connect to the Orange server for dialup for 10 days.

I thought it was my phone line as it crackled so a telecom man came and checked it and said all was OK.

When I dial the Orange ISP I get a engaged signal or lots of different error messages.

Sometimes I actually get the start up page but it ends my connection shorty after.

I have had a horrible week and had problems as I cannot reach my ebank.

I have contacted Orange Helpdesk and we have over the last week tried different ways to connect - reinstalled software and they reckon my modem is broken.

I think I proved it's not as I connected my Mac to Orange and it also cannot maintain a connection.

I have got on today by using a UK 'free' ISP service and the net is working quicker than when I was using Orange.

So there is nothing wrong with my modem.

Can anyone suggest a French Free ISP as dialling UK must be costing me a small fortune?

(I want to use this UK 'free' connection as little as poss due to cost so if someone could give me free French connect logon details as below it would save me time and money.)

Further can anyone suggest what is going on with Orange as I am no computer buff?

Only good news is that it seems they are installing a new exchange nearby so I will be able to get ADSL within two weeks - I may be cynical but are they messing me about to push me into ADSL?

Orange deny that the work at the exchange should disrupt my dialup?

I have no commercial interest but if you are stuck - I am using the following 'free' dialup ISP.

Tel: 0844 535 2000  (it works dialling 00448445352000 from France).

User: free

Password: dialup

Mailserver: mailfree-dialup.net

Very greatful to them too as it works!!

Archived