Complete France Forum

New free software for bbc iPlayer - 'moves' your pc to UK

Quillan:

Is this Expatshield thing free to use? If it is I wonder how many people use it and is some form of proxy server? If that's what it is and my theory is correct and you having problems tonight between 19:30 and 22:00 CET then its too many people watching Strictly Come Dancing and X Factor and taking the band width. I you had Problems last night around those times it was probably the same shows (performance last night, results tonight).

Yes, Expatshield is a free UK proxy, supported by adverts. There is a simple workaround - use it with Firefox, and have AdBlock Plus enabled, and the page pop-ups & ads are gone. There have been some technical problems with it since last week (it's not because of the weekend reality rubbish), but if you look at the Facebook page I referred to in my last post, it seems it is now being checked out.

Hopefully it will get fixed up properly because it was working pretty seamlessly until last Wednesday - and it was working well earlier today, but it seems to be going slow at the moment ....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived