Complete France Forum

Orande decoder by Sat for Hotbird & Astra / Monoblock /changing diseqc problem

hi all .

I have set up a orange decoder by Satellite as we dont have no where near 8mb for a deent connection by internet and now have a astra & Hotbird channels but when I want to swap from one satellite to the other It seems to be time consuming and have to go to the other Sat and re-tune every time.

Does anyone have this set-up for both Astra & Hotbird who can write out in order how they go from one sat to the other without re-scanning.

Thanks in Advance.

If you have the Samsung SHD85 decoder (which is normal for Orange TV by satellite) then you will not be able to as it does not handle diseqc properly even though there is a diseqc setup in the installation menu.

It seem that you can only receive from one satellite at a time.

Danny

Thanks for the reply Jane & Danny.

When you say it doesn't switch with diseqc properly, do you mean that you have to re-search the channels every time you want to see the other satellite. Normaly you would be able to press on a Satellite Remote and change the Sat and all done.

Regards.

Fusterie

[quote user="fusterie"]When you say it doesn't switch with diseqc properly, do you mean that you have to re-search the channels every time you want to see the other satellite[/quote]

yes, precisely.

It is only capable of scanning and receiving from one sat at a time.

As far as Orange are concerned, their channels are on both Hotbird and Astra 1..... and you can also add the FTA channels from either - but not both at the same time.

If you want more choice, you will need to go for a paying option and buy a decoder. it depends on what channels you would like to receive.

Danny

[quote user="pachapapa"]

SDH85 for OrangeAstra1.

BogStandardNumeriqueTuner for HotBird.

[/quote]

This may be the easiest or cheapest option but for this to work you will also need to have an LNB with 2 outputs like this

http://www.transplanet.fr/boutique/info_produit.asp?num=6617&fam=4

so if your dish is not easily accessible, it may be better to go for another solution.

Danny

Yes thats the one I have fitted Danny/ the monoblock , but like I say I know you can only watch one Satellite at a time. But normaly with Diseqc you can switch over to the other Sat quickly by using the remote, on this SHD85 I seem to have to go round the houses and re-tune every time, Is this normal with this decoder.

example:

if I'm watching Astra 1 , to watch Hotbird I have to go through the settings and tune the channels in for Hotbird even though I have done this before, and the same sequence to watch Astra 1 again.

With a normal diseqc control it can be doe on the remote very fast switchover.

Is this standard on the SDH85 Orange Box???

[quote user="fusterie"]

Is this standard on the SDH85 Orange Box???[/quote]

Yes, as I have already said.

The monobloc in the link has two outputs as opposed to a model with just one output. That was why I mentioned it. Just in case you do want to use two decoders, you need an LNB with two outputs - the part where the cable connects.

Danny

Yes Danny I know what you mean, normaly I would use a Traix dish with a multiblock arc to fit the two lnb's but didn't see the twin output on the monoblock, sorry about that.

The question earlier you have answerd for me, it seems like there is no option for fast switching then on the Orange decoder.

Have a good day.

Cheers.

Fusterie

[quote user="Jane and Danny"][quote user="pachapapa"]

SDH85 for OrangeAstra1.

BogStandardNumeriqueTuner for HotBird.

[/quote]
This may be the easiest or cheapest option but for this to work you will also need to have an LNB with 2 outputs like this
http://www.transplanet.fr/boutique/info_produit.asp?num=6617&fam=4
so if your dish is not easily accessible, it may be better to go for another solution.

Danny
[/quote]

Ok thanks, no problem, had a dual LNB with twin down cables since Analogue days with 22khz tone burst now with a Nokia on Disecq, must have been on the roof for a fair while..cos only trouble was when it got blown off the chimney in the Great Storm.[:)]

Archived