Complete France Forum

Shotgun coax cable

Is it possible to find this in France?  I brought over a 100m reel 18 months ago for our present house, but the local satellite installer who did the work for us then had never used it before.  We now want to cable Sky+ and Humax systems into several rooms at our new house and we could do with some more.  I think we paid just over £1 per metre for the original reel.

Got a few metres of it attached to an old LNB and reed motor, dates from the early 90s. It never occurred to me that anyone would use it these days as dish rotation motors are very rare. Unless of course they have got some industrial archaeology that is not DiSEqC compatible. Multi sat feeds usually prefer multi feed horns. Intrigued to know what you use integrated coaxial and power cable for "chez vous".

Probably didn't make myself clear, but what I was looking for was twin coax, not coax and power.

In the present confguration, we have a quad LND feeding two recordable boxes and two lengths of the twin stuff is much easier to use than four single coaxes.  We have also used a single run of it through the length of the house for signal in from French aerial via a splitter to the second TV in the study and RF2 out from attached Sky+ box back in the other direction to main TV in the lounge (which is also independently cabled for its Humax box).

What we are seeking to do in the new house is replecate that basic configuration, but expand it so that four bedrooms, the lounge and kitchen can also access the Sky box.  Obviously any number of TVs can only watch the same Sky channel, but we will also cable for separate Freesat boxes........essentially, I will be able to watch Sky Sports anywhere in the house, albeit in mono, not stereo!!

We have a blank canvas to play with, so we might as well build in maximlum flexibility at the outset.

I'm also looking into whether multiswitches which have been mentioned on the forum previouusly could be incorporated, but my head has started to hurt........[8-)]

[quote user="pachapapa"]

Stick this in google:  Câble coaxial sat double, 75 Ω

Thought why dont you get 4 core instead?

[/quote]

Many thanks, I'll see what comes up, but I think that Danny may have found what I was looking for in the meantime. 

As to four core cable, the disadvantage would be that much of it would have to be split into seperate runs of twin.  The advantage of twin core is that the overall diameter should be a good deal less than 10mm, so is easier to thread and hide.

Archived